If you upload a book or other work that can be purchased through AnyVampireBooks, you will also have to enter into an author agreement. The author agreement will be entered into at the time you choose your various options regarding how and in what form your book will be published, either as an eBook, as a print-on-demand book or both.
After completing your registration, the system will automatically confirm your registration by sending a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you specify during registration. This confirmation is created automatically and contains a link allowing you to activate your AnyVampireBooks account. We hope you will enjoy AnyVampireBooks!
Having made the statements above, the clauses set out below apply:
General conditionsBy creating a free account on this Site the Client automatically accepts this Agreement, ignorance of which doesn't exempt the Client from the amenability. The Client has a right to create one account only on the Site. In case of revealing multiple accounts which belong to the same Client they will be deleted without any notice.
Content and CopyrightsThe books' files, which are under copyright protection, are NOT PUBLISHED on the website. We are not supporting the digital piracy. Our task is to acquaint the users with the world literature novelties and to retain copyright. The books' fragments on our website are added by users and we have no opportunity to control them constantly. If you consider that some fragments violate the author's right, contact us. If you want to publish a book on our website - contact us. We will be glad to cooperate. Email: AnyVampireBooks@gmail.com
The User has full responsibility for any information, data, graphics, text and other Content which the User uploads, revises or communicates, publishes and/or makes otherwise available over or discloses via AnyVampireBooks to Third Parties. AnyVampireBooks neither controls such information, text, data, graphics and other Content nor does AnyVampireBooks adopt them as its own.
The User hereby expressly represents and warrants that the User has the right to upload and/or revise any Content uploaded and/or revised by the User and that such uploading and/or revision does not violate the rights of Third Parties.
AnyVampireBooks expects that all Users treat each other in a respectful and friendly way. To this end AnyVampireBooks has drafted the Code of Conduct which all Users must comply with. In case a User violates the AnyVampireBooks Code, AnyVampireBooks has the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel such User’s account and terminate the relationship, including termination of the author agreement, if any. Such termination shall not require prior notice and shall result in the deletion of the User’s account as well as all Content uploaded by the User.
The User agrees not to use the AnyVampireBooks website or the Service to:
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that may, pursuant to the federal and state laws of the United States of America be considered unlawful, pornographic, obscene, threatening, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libelous, an invasion of privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that may, pursuant to the federal and state laws of the United States of America be considered harmful to minors
- disseminate “spam;”
- interfere with the operation of the AnyVampireBooks website in any manner, including without limitation through the use of viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage software or hardware;
- harvest e-mail addresses or other User information or to monitor the activity on the Site through any technological device, including without limitation the use of robots, crawlers and/or spiders; or
- impersonate or spoof any other User or Third Party or any entity
In addition to complying with these Terms, Users shall assure that they will adhere to all local and national laws that pertain to their location.
The User agrees and acknowledges that any illegal uploading, revising, publication and/or communication of information, data, graphics and/or other Content in violation of these Terms may give rise to obligations of the User to pay damages or to other obligations of the User and may also constitute a criminal offence and/or other breach of the law.
If the User violates any of its obligations/duties arising from these Terms and/or other rights of AnyVampireBooks, AnyVampireBooks reserves the right of enforcement against the User. This applies, in particular, in case eBooks which have been formatted by means of the web-application available on AnyVampireBooks or other information, graphics, data or other Content which has been processed or formatted by means of such web-application are used for industrial or commercial purposes or published on systems, servers or other media other than AnyVampireBooks or made available to Third Parties for industrial or commercial use or publication on systems, servers or other media other than AnyVampireBooks, if such Content is used and/or published in the form/shape created by means of such web-application.
In case the User, in spite of a warning, repeatedly and/or continuously violates the Code of Conduct, AnyVampireBooks has the right to terminate the contractual relationship between AnyVampireBooks and the User with immediate effect. In this case, the termination of the contractual relationship can be effected by the deletion of the Account of the User and the Content uploaded on AnyVampireBooks by the User, without any further pre-announcement being required.
Users are hereby advised that the uploading of illegal and/or prohibited Content may expose the User to civil and criminal liability. The User hereby agrees to hold harmless and indemnify AnyVampireBooks, its affiliates, undertakings affiliated with AnyVampireBooks, the shareholders of AnyVampireBooks, the managing directors and holders of commercial power of AnyVampireBooks and any other employees, agents, directors and/or shareholders of AnyVampireBooks against any and all claims and demands raised by Third Parties based on or in connection with Content which the User has uploaded, revised, made available to Third Parties and/or published on or via AnyVampireBooks or arising from any conduct or lack of conduct of a User, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, court costs and other expenditures incurred by AnyVampireBooks in the defense of any such claims.
If and to the extent that the User processes and/or revises Content which has been uploaded on AnyVampireBooks, the User hereby explicitly warrants that the User has the right to process and/or revise such Content in the way processed and/or revised by the User. Moreover, the User hereby explicitly warrants that the processing and/or revision of Content does not result in such Content violating the rights of Third Parties and the User represents and warrants that such Content complies with the standards provided for in Section 10 below.
Users are solely responsible for creating backup copy of their Content on appropriate storage media.
By uploading Content, Users provide AnyVampireBooks with certain rights concerning such Content, including a worldwide, non-exclusive license to publish the Content on the AnyVampireBooks website and to publicize and distribute such Content in the format used by AnyVampireBooks to provide its Services. In particular but without limitation, AnyVampireBooks has the following rights:
- to make copies of and store the Content in the form of digital books on one or more servers as well as to reformat, convert, encode and otherwise create derivative works of the Content for the purpose of producing digital books;
- to display, perform, market, transmit and otherwise make available the Content or portions thereof on the AnyVampireBooks website for other Users or interested Third Parties;
- to download, copy, print and or make the Content available online or offline, including for use on portable electronic devices;
- to display any logos or graphics in the form provided by the User;
- to use, duplicate, adopt for modification, as considered necessary by AnyVampireBooks, any and all metadata provided by the User in connection with the uploading of Content;
- to transmit, duplicate and otherwise use (or cause others to reformat, transmit, duplicate or otherwise use) digital books through technical means and processes for the purpose of enabling AnyVampireBooks to carry out any function it is entitled to pursuant to the foregoing described rights, including but not limited to caching of data in order to facilitate its display on any electronic device.
Except as provided for in any author agreement entered into between a User and AnyVampireBooks, Users shall have no right to compensation for the use of Content uploaded by a User.
Any User who uploads any work of authorship (hereafter “Work”) created by the User to the AnyVampireBooks website has the opportunity, subject to availability, to also position such Work with Third Party partners of AnyVampireBooks who offer free publication services (such as, without limitation, “Google Books”). To the extent a User wishes to take advantage of such an opportunity by choosing such option on the Service, the following provisions apply:
- AnyVampireBooks acts solely as a (technical) facilitator between the User and the Third Party partner so that the User can easily position the Work with the Third Party partner. The User is free to use or not use such opportunities. Users are free to position their Works with Third Party partners through the AnyVampireBooks website or by themselves directly.
- AnyVampireBooks makes not warranty, express or implied, with respect to any services provided by Third Parties, even if such Third Party is a Third Party partner of AnyVampireBooks.
- AnyVampireBooks shall have no liability for any violations of the User’s rights (including without limitation copyrights) by or through the facilities of a Third Party partner or its agents.
- The User grants to AnyVampireBooks the right to sublicense all rights AnyVampireBooks hold pursuant to Section 5.12 hereof or as otherwise provided for herein to any and all Third Party partners or AnyVampireBooks. This right to sublicense shall include, without limitation, the right to authorize Third Party partners to post excerpts or Works on their respective websites.
- AnyVampireBooks has the right, without prior notice, to cancel any Third Party partner arrangements and the ability to use the AnyVampireBooks website to position Works on Third Party partner websites.
Copyright Infringement Claims
Any party claiming that any content on the AnyVampireBooks website infringes their copyright may file a claim pursuant to the DMCA Notice procedure provided for on the AnyVampireBooks website.
Termination; Deletion of Content
The User may delete the User’s Account at any time. In such case, all data, graphics or other Content which has been uploaded on AnyVampireBooks by the User will be deleted.
AnyVampireBooks has the right to terminate the contractual relationship with the User with immediate effect by deleting, making invisible or blocking the Account of the User in case the User breaches her or his obligations arising from these Terms in a way rendering further use of AnyVampireBooks by the User unacceptable for AnyVampireBooks for any reason at the sole discretion of AnyVampireBooks, if AnyVampireBooks considers that the further use of AnyVampireBooks by a User is not in the best interest of AnyVampireBooks or for any violation of these Terms or the Code of Conduct. All data, graphics or other Content which has been uploaded on AnyVampireBooks by the User will be deleted in such cases.
AnyVampireBooks has the right to block, delete and/or make invisible the Account of the User and the Content which has been uploaded and/or revised on AnyVampireBooks by the User as well as any declarations or other communication of the User in case AnyVampireBooks has unsuccessfully warned the User of any violation of these Terms and/or the Code of Conduct. In the event there is an unsuccessful warning (i) in case the User continues conduct which is contrary to the User’s obligations in spite of a warning, (ii) the User further breaches these Terms or the Code of Conduct and/or any other duties and obligations arising from these Terms and/or (iii) a situation which has been caused by the User and which is contrary to the User’s duties and obligations hereunder and/or otherwise illegal continues.
All warnings will be given via e-mail to the e-mail-address stated by the User at registration.
Regardless of the preceding sections AnyVampireBooks has, at any time, the right to cease operating AnyVampireBooks and/or the AnyVampireBooks website entirely or in part without prior notice. At the same time, the cessation is deemed to constitute the termination of the contractual relationship vis-à-vis the User by AnyVampireBooks. Data, graphics or other Content which has been uploaded on AnyVampireBooks by the User will be deleted in such case.
Advertisements; Targeting; Newsletter
The User hereby explicitly approves that AnyVampireBooks may install or cause to be installed third-party advertisements on the profile-sites of the User and next to the eBooks created, set up, processed, and/or published by the User.
AnyVampireBooks mails electronic newsletters at regular intervals. Such newsletters may contain commercial advertisements. In case the User orders such newsletter, the User hereby approves and explicitly wishes that such newsletters are mailed to her or him in regular intervals. The User can cancel the newsletter at any time by using the electronic button provided for that purpose on AnyVampireBooks.
AnyVampireBooks and the administrators employed by AnyVampireBooks have the right to temporarily or permanently block, delete and/or make invisible Content which has been uploaded and/or revised by the User on AnyVampireBooks in violation of these Terms.
AnyVampireBooks has the right and explicitly reserves the right to review, block and/or delete communication, data or other Content which has been uploaded, revised, published and/or conveyed by the User on or via AnyVampireBooks on violation of these Terms or the Code of Conduct.
AnyVampireBooks, the administrators employed by AnyVampireBooks and/or any third party employed by AnyVampireBooks for that purpose have the right to review and control at any time any Content which has been uploaded and/or revised on AnyVampireBooks by the User.
No Waiver; Severability
The failure of AnyVampireBooks to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Changes and Amendments; Notice
AnyVampireBooks retains the right to change, amend or supplement these Terms at any time. In case AnyVampireBooks changes or supplements these Terms, notice thereof will be provided to Users via e-mail. The amended or supplemented version of the Terms shall apply from the date provided in such notification.